Family Based Immigration
At Stilwell & Slatton Immigration we believe that family reunification is a pillar of the immigration system and fundamental to immigrant rights. To help assist you in the process of securing legal status for you and your family, we offer representation in the following areas: 

Family Petitions

Our firm offers representation for spousal petitions, petitions for children, and fiancé visas. 

Spousal Petitions can be filed by any U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident who wishes to bring in their spouse as an LPR (green card holder). Similarly, Petitions for Children are immigrant petitions that may be filed on behalf of a child by either a United States Citizen Parent or a Lawful Permanent Resident Parent. A United States citizen may petition for both minor children, adult children, adopted children, as well as married and unmarried children. Both spousal petitions and petitions for children are initiated by filing an I-130 with USCIS. 

A Fiancé Visa (K non-immigrant visa) may be filed for an individual who a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident intends to marry within 90 days of the immigrant entering the United States. 

Inter-country Adoption of Orphan Children 

Each year thousands of U.S. citizens adopt children from abroad and many families in other countries adopt U.S. children. Intercountry adoption is governed by both the laws of the country in which the child lives and the country in which the adoptive parents live. Under U.S. law, there are two distinct intercountry adoption processes: the Hague Convention process and the non-Hague Convention process. Which process you will follow will depend on whether or not the other country involved is also a party to the Hague Convention.